Santos Bikes Privacy statement
Here at Santos we understand that privacy is very important. That is why on this page we want to make clear what personal information we collect, how we collect it and what we do with it.
Santos, located at Schillingweg 41 2153 PL Nieuw-Vennep, is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
2153 PL Nieuw-Vennep
+31 (0) 252 426 123
Personal data that we process
Santos processes your personal data by using our services and / or by providing this information to us yourself. Below you'll find an overview of the personal data we collect and process:
- Title, first name and last name
- Address, postal code, city and country
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
Special and / or sensitive data we process
For what purpose and on what basis do we process personal data
Santos processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Service & warranty of the Santos bicycle you bought
- Configure a bicycle through our customizer
- Sending our newsletter
How long do we store personal data
Santos stores your personal data no longer than strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which we collect your data. We use the following retention periods for the following categories of personal data:
- Sending the Santos newsletter: for as long as you are registered. You can unsubscribe at any time via the newsletter.
- Configure a bicycle through our customizer: 6 months, after that all personal data is deleted and it is no longer possible to request your configured bicycle.
- Service and warranty: for as long as the bicycle is in your possession and you have not made a request to delete or replace your personal data. You can request to delete or replace your personal data at any time (for example when you have sold your Santos bicycle).
Sharing personal data with third parties
Santos does not provide information to third parties, other than necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with legal obligation.
Cookies, or similar techniques, we use
You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it does not store cookies anymore. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved through the settings of your browser.
View, modify or delete data
In order to ensure the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity document attached to the request. Mark your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Social Security Number black, so it's untraceable. This is to protect your privacy. Santos will respond to your request as soon as possible, but in any case within four weeks.
Santos would like to point out that you have the possibility to file a complaint with the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons
How we protect personal data